Mumbai First and Making A Difference (M.A.D) have come together to beautify the suburban Railway Stations of Mumbai. This is an initiative in collaboration with the western Railway and Central Railway.
The Beautification programme, called ‘Hamara Station Hamari Shaan’ is part of a voluntary initiative called Daan Utsav, and would be executed from October 2 to October 8, 2016.
Daan Utsav (formerly known as the Joy of Giving Week) is the festival of giving. It is a 100% volunteer driven initiative that encourages people to do any act of giving of their choice.
Work: Beautifying the Entire Railway Station premises which include Staircases, Foot Over Bridges (FOBs), Booking windows and area adjoining, Entrances, Signage’s and the Platforms. The Beautification through painting will imply giving the Foot-over-bridges (FOB) and entrances of the railway stations a scenic and soothing colour look with a theme and design which resonates with each station and the surrounding geography.
21 stations on the Western Suburban Railway network
Churchgate, Marine Lines, Charni Road, Grant Road, Mumbai Central, Mahalaxmi, Lower Parel, Elphinstone Road, Dadar, Bandra, Santacruz, Vile Parle, Andheri, Jogeshwari, Goregaon, Malad, Kandivali, Dahisar. Matunga, Khar, Borivali
15 Stations on the Central Suburban Railway Network
Masjid Bunder, Sandhurst Road, Byculla or Bhaykhala, Chinchpokli, Currey Road, Parel, Sion (Sheev), Kurla, Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, Kanjurmarg, Bhandup, Nahur, Mulund,Thane
Hamara Station Hamari Shaan initiative presented with the Voice of Change Medal by Hindustan Times Fever 104 fm
Delighted to share with you that on behalf of Mumbai First and MAD foundations “Hamara Station Hamari Shaan” initiative, Shishir Joshi CEO of Mumbai First was presented with the Voice of Change Medal by Hindustan Times Fever 104 FM on Wednesday, by John Abraham the ambassador of the Fever Voice of Change. Dharemndra Modi was representing MAD at the ceremony.
Mr. Shishir joshi received award on behalf More than 25000+ volunteers who made it for this wonderful initiative.
Let’s think about Mumbai First
Let’s spread MADness
- 36 Railway stations to get theme-based facelift
Mumbai Mirror | 01/10/2016
- Viacom18, Mumbai First adopt 3 Railway stations
Mumbai Mirror | 02/10/2016
- 36 suburban stations to get a facelift this week
Times of India | 02/10/2016
- Ahead of BMC polls, ticket app, more infra for city’s commuters
Hindustan Times | 03/10/2016
- Viacom18 adopts three railway stations Andheri, Vileparle and Ghatkopar for Daan Utsav week 2016
Exchange4media.com | 03/10/2016
- Get ready to see graffiti at 36 Mumbai suburban railway stations
The Freepress Journal | 03/10/2016
- Railway Minister kicks off mega-beautification drive of 36 Mumbai suburban stations
Local Press Co | 03/10/2016
- Viacom18, Mumbai First to adopt three railway stations
The Economic Times | 03/10/2016
- Mumbai: Railway stations to get colourful makeover
DNA India | 03/10/2016
- Mumbai: Govt ignoring Bandra east dump as west shines
Mid Day | 03/10/2016
- Station walls paint a piece of the past
DNA India | 04/10/2016
- Daan Utsav gets bigger and reaches places in its 8th year
The Economic Times | 04/10/2016
- Mumbai local railway stations get an arty makeover
Hindustan Times | 20/10/2016